Wednesday 15 October 2008

My Head Hurts

Mum brought me some decaffinated coffee the other day, I was understandably wary. It was if she had joyfully handed me an icecream from which she had extracted the cold. The reason for her buying it(coffee not fictitious warm icecream)was because I have rather an obsession with drinking coffee which is no doubt contributing to the lovely spell of insomnia I'm having recently. It's so odd, I make the drink (black one sugar in case I ever pop round)and it's far far too hot (it is made with boiling water so we can hardly pass judgement on it for that).What I do is I sit, stirring the spoon until the steaming abates a little and then I drink the whole thing in about twenty seconds-I'm like a sprint coffee drinker, so so strange. Then when it's finnished I feel all cheated because where is the coffee I've been waiting so long for? Anyway needless to say I drink and drink the stuff until I appear to be doing it out of some sort OCD more than anything else and then go to bed to stare at the ceiling until precisely quarter to six when I fall asleep and get a good rest before my alarm wakes me at six Oclock. Now the thing is even though the coffe I'm drinking (right now in fact) has no caffine in it my brain is so used to the taste of coffee bringing with it a stimulant the damned stuff is acting as a rather effective placebo-I feel awake but only because my brain thinks it should. I feel like I'm at an AA meeting(the alcoholics one not the one where they all sit around and talk about fixing other peoples cars for only 39 pounds a year)but I have a confession to make: My name is Tamsin Victoria White the first(why not it's true)and tonight I have drunk in excess of twenty cups of coffee...my head hurts

No comments: